so this morning Dan was so sweet, he got up with Callen and let me sleep in. Well, shortly after he got up I hear a loud noise and then I hear Callen screaming in her room. I also hear dan with her. So I get up and go find out what's going on, Dan told me that Callen had fallen off of her changing table. He was ignoring her crying and trying to continue getting her dressed...ummm .. yeah, so of course I scoop her up to try and console her and then start asking questions like, how did she fall? how did she land? Did she hit her head? Why weren't you comforting her? To all fo these he said "I dont know.." I continued to try and console her which was not working. Then I start to see the bump on her head forming, so of course I freak out and made Dan call the on-call Dr., he said we should take her in to get checked out.
So we took her to the ER (luckily at 8:00 on a Saturday morning they're not busy) so we got right in and the Dr. said she seemed fine, he took an X-ray and said everything looked great and to take her home and just watch her for awhile.
ugggg, scary. I hate hospitals and more than that I HATE taking Callen to hospitals. That poor child has had more x-rays and IV's than Dan and I have combined and she's only 1. \
She has been fine all day, maybe a little fussy but she has a big bruise on her forhead and under her eye, I feel like a horrible parent. My poor baby :(
I'm so grateful she seems ok though, she's such a tough baby, always a little trooper. It's times like this when you realize how precious they are and even though there are days when I feel at my wits end I honestly don't know what I would do without her. I truly am blessed to have such a beautiful baby girl.
Grade 2, Year 2016-17
9 years ago
5 comments:
Poor kid! It's scary when your child gets hurt. ...Of course, it is only the first of many bumps and bruises to come. Good luck! I'm REALLY glad she was ok
How scary! I always freak out when my kids get hurt. (which seems like ALL the time...) Luckily for my kids they come with hard heads and padded bums, because it seems they are forever hurting themselves. I'm glad Callen is okay! Hopefully her bruise won't hurt too much and it will disappear soon.
Glad to hear everything was okay!
oh my goodness, that is scary. Glad she is ok
That sounds scary to have to go through! Daniel hits his head so much I wish putting a little helmet on him wouldn't look so crazy or make me seem so crazy!! ;) I have learned to get an ice pack on it really quickly after check to make sure it's not actually "serious" and then I force him to let me hold it there for 10-15 min and then the bruise is MUCH smaller than the eggs that form when I can't get an ice pack on. I'm not joking when I say that he has hit his head hard enough to get really nasty, protruding bruises at least 10 times and he's only 15 months old!!! He just likes to climg and is clumsy even when he's not sneaking on top of the table while I'm cooking, etc. Anyway, it's much better to be safe than sorry and take them to the ER if you're worried. Just make sure they don't go to sleep and won't easily rouse if they do. Glad she's okay - if a little bruised!!!
Post a Comment