Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Action Packed Weekend!

We had a super exciting weekend! Dan's Brother Doug and his wife Pam came to visit with their 3 mo. old baby girl Hannah. It was so much fun to have them, we hadn't seen Hannah yet so it was incredible to see my only neice for the first time. She was such a little cutie! She was so god the whole weekend and she is adorable! It was neat to see Callen and Hannah together. I can tell they're going to be best buds soon.

The first day they were here we took them out to the lake. It was pretty choppy so we didn't get much skiing done, we did a little tubing but it was gorgeous and just enjoyable to be out on the lake. (and I got a little more comfortable with driving the boat). Callen loved the boat this time, she was so good for us.

Hannah slept most of the time, she was such a little angel. The life vest was just a little too big :)

Doug, Pam, and Hannah.

Hannah LOVED watching Callen move all over. Callen tried pushing Hannah in the swing and had fun playing "Whac a Mole" when Hannah's feet kept dissappearing back into the swing under the tray. It was hilarious!
Hannah and Callen loved their time at the park.


Doug and Dan with their girls, isn't this just adorable.

Today is actually Callen's first birthday, however we wanted to celebrate while Doug and Pam were here with us so we had Callen's party on Sunday. It was a blast. We had lots of friends come and they really made the party great. We had a cookout and then had lots of cake and ice cream. Callen didn't really dive into her cake but she did eventually start stabbing it with the ice cream cone, although I don't think she really ate any.
Callen's First Birthday Cake
A castle cake for a princess




She really didnt like the hat much :)


Callen was super spoiled by all of her friends, she got a LOT of toys. She LOVES all of them except there is a flashligt cow that moo's and for some reason she is terrified of it! She runs away when we bring it out and hides behind things to get away. It's pretty funny, i'm sure she'll get used to it soon!
Thank you to everyone for making the party great!



I can't believe she is already 1. Time has just flown by lately. She is so much fun, I really need to start enjoying every minute, she'll be all grown before I know it!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

What a cutie! I love the daddy-daughter picture. Too cute. And that cake looks awesome! Happy birthday Callen! (p.s. I feel her on the cow light thing-- We got Dallin one of those and even though he loves it, I think it's just a tad bit freaky. ;)

Hipple Family said...

I love all your pics. The cake is awesome! I am sure you did it right?!! Way cool! I can not believe she is 1!!! Holy cow! She is SO adorbale!

Marie said...

I love it - "whac-a-mole" he he he... The pics are great and MY GOSH - THAT CAKE!!!! Amazing! Callen is so cute and how is it that you have cute hair after being on a boat at the lake?!?! Great pics and Happy Birthday Callen!!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and Grandma Leininger,
Well, we're pretty impressed....especially like the pix of Doug and Dan and the strollers....that's rich!!!!
What wonderful and cute girls...Watched a webcam video of Callen opening gifts tonight...how special and cute she is....thanks for sharing.
Mom and Dad

Liz Ann said...

Wow!!!That is an awesome cake.