Saturday, November 22, 2008

Drop Night




For those of you who don't speak "Air Force" Drop night is when you get your Airplane assignment. Last night was our Drop Night. We found out Dan will be flying the....


KC-135
Stationed in....

Kadena AFB, Japan (it is in Okinawa)


Here is the base



A beach in Okinawa


Ok, so I have to admit I was VERY shocked about our assignment, and a little angry about the ranking system of Dan's class since this really wasn't very high on our "dream sheet." However, I am excited to live on a tropical island and to have the adventure of living in a foreign country. SO, I think it will take me a little while to get used to the idea, but probably somewhere around 6-7 months from now we will be heading off to Japan for the next 3 years!!



7 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, how fun! Much more exciting than Seattle. ;) I would love to live in a foreign country short-term. What a cool experience! We wish you guys the best of luck!

Hipple Family said...

Yea, I heard it is really cool there! I am excited for you!

Julianne said...

Yes, the AF is definitely full of politics, but I'm sure you guys will love it! Congrats!

The Udall's said...

WOW!!!! First assignment overseas, I must say you'll probably learn a lot. I'm really excited for you guys to have such an adventure, I hope you can enjoy it and find joy in this journey! Maybe I'll head down to McConnell and space A over to Kadena!!!! I miss having you around to visit. japan is even further to visit than Texas

Jessica said...

Wow! Congrats! How exciting. You will love Japan, I have heard it is a really fun experience being over there!

Liz Ann said...

Wow! Japan is gorgeous. I want to come and visit y'all.

Marie said...

Congrats on UPT being about done!! I have friends at Yakota and Misawa, but not any I know of (remember at the moment anyway) at Kadena. Everyone at the other two though really likes it there. I've heard it's a really neat country to live in. Good luck with the end of UPT, training at Altus, and the moves!!!!!