Well even though many of you already know this, since we found out we could not go to Kadena we have been trying to figure out where we are going. It's been a bit of a roller coaster trying to get a new assignment we have finally found out that we are going to be stationed at Scott AFB in Illinois. The base is right next to St. Louis, MO. The assignment was a surprise as we didn't even have a chance to fill out a new dream sheet when someone just decided to send out medical packet here, but it should be fun. It is fairly close to my family... at least closer than we are now! So that will be nice to be able to visit for long weekends etc. Dan will be one of the few active duty KC-135 pilots there as the 135 unit at Scott is a Guard unit. Hopefully that will be a good experience for him though. St. Louis is close so there should be good medical care for Callen, and hey... we've made it almost 2 years in Del Rio, so anywhere should be a pleasant chanage right?!
It is easy to get annoyed with the Air Force sometimes.. ok alot of the time, but i'm starting to realize that each assignment will be what I want it to be. I mean, life is what you make it right? So I am ready to head off to a new adventure in Illinois and it will be great because I will have Dan and Callen with me and we will make it great. It really is just nice to know where we're going.
I've had alot going on lately, so hopefully i'll get some more posts up here soon about what i've been up to. I've been so bad about blogging lately! I hope everyone is doing well.
Grade 2, Year 2016-17
9 years ago
6 comments:
Congrats on the new assignment! That's nice you will be closer to family...and there should be lots of stuff to do in St. Louis. Hope you guys are doing okay. Luv ya!
That sounds so exciting, especially since it is closer to family. Congrats!
That sounds so exciting, especially since it is closer to family. Congrats!
Yeah for a new assignment! Do you have dates as well?
we are going to miss you so much... you don't leave soon do you?
Hey I found your blog on Heidi's. It is great to see how you two are doing. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment