Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kadena Denied

SO.. we've been so busy trying to get everything done with orders and etc. so that we can get the Air Force to move our things and I could go to Altus with Dan for his training. He was suppose to leave this weekend but we didn't have orders yet or approval from Kadena so I was going to stick around and figure all that out and then go join him in Altus. Well, this morning we got word that Kadena actually denied us because of Callen's medical condition. While we weren't completely surprised because we knew it was a possibility we are still a little bummed. I was really getting excited to go to Japan we had even gotten Rosetta Stone and were trying to learn some Japanese. I even organized my house getting ready for the movers with things separated for long term storage etc. At least i'm glad we didn't sell our car yet!

So basically right now we have no idea what we're doing and where we're going. All we know is that it's not Japan.


Yay for unexpected hiccups, life is full of them!

5 comments:

Julianne said...

No way! That is a bummer, but probably a huge relief too, huh? Maybe you will be able to pick out your base--like the Viccellios did. Heck, they even got to pick the plane, right? Work the system in your favor!!

Hipple Family said...

Oh man! That is crazy! The Air Force can be so tough!! But good luck to you guys, I hope you get a good assignment, can't wait to find out.

Anonymous said...

WOW - I guess I don't really know what was discovered by doctors with Callen. I thought the last update on her you posted was of an un-serious nature. Maybe it doesn't take much for them to deny you? Anyway...good luck with the whole process. If he wants C-17's there's a REALLY good Children's Hospital only 45 min from Dover...we've had to go there as have friends. We'd love to have you!!! :)

Marie said...

Sorry - I used the wrong profile for my comment - but hopefully you knew it was me :)

Melissa said...

Hey Crystal! I'm so glad I found everyone's blogs! I've really enjoyed my time here and plan to keep in touch with everyone for sure! Please let us know where you end up going! I really hope the best for you guys!! Now hopefully I'll see you tomorrow morning at the track!