SO... they took as much blood as they could afford to take from her and sent it off to someplace in California for more labs. They said most likely since it could be so many things most likely we won't find anything out on the first round of labs and there will be many more rounds of bloodwork before we get any answers. We're just hoping to have some kind of clue which direction to even take for the next labs. Once the fevers go away and Callen starts eating and sleeping again she really looks and acts perfectly healthy. So right now she is doing well, she's my happy girl. Since she is so severely neutropenic (low neutrophils) we just have to be super cautious about where we take her and what kind of germs she might pick up while she's there. So we're slowly starting to actually get her out of the house, we took her to a couple graduation events and we took her to church. I've never been one of those germaphobic people that washes my hands nonstop but I think i've been keeping the hand sanitizer companies in business lately!!
Anyway, that is what's going on in the life of Callen, hopefully we'll get this all figured out soon so she can always be my happy girl.
4 comments:
What a sweetheart! She is so very cute~I hope that things go well with all the lab work. Sorry your having to go through all of this, it must be so hard. You guys are such great parents!
I've been wanting to talk to you since we both got back from our San Antonio trips. She will be in our prayers, that's for sure. You're doing so great being her mom & I hope things improve soon.
Much love, Leslie
She's growing up to be such a beautiful little girl! I really hope you find out sooner rather than later, what's going on in her.
I'm so sorry you guys have to go through this. Poor little Callen! It must be so difficult for you to watch her suffer. We will continue to pray for your cute little family, and we hope you get some answers soon!
Post a Comment