So this last week Callen got sick and she had all these awful awful sores all over in her mouth. It was so bad that we had to keep her hydrated by squirting water into her mouth with a syringe and even that made her cry from pain. She couldn't eat, drink, or sleep without it hurting. She was absolutely miserable. Her most prized posession EVER is her binky. She was completely addicted to them. WELL, something good did come out of being sick, because of the sores in her mouth, it just hurt too much to have the binky in there. She would cry for it and then when I gave it to her, she would put it up to her mouth, burst into tears and throw it across the room. So, for about 5 days, it was just too painful to use one. Well..being the sneaky mom that I am, I decided this would be a good time to wean her off of it, so I gathered them all up and hid them. After she started feeling better I just left them hidden. She has asked for them a few time, tried to tackle her friend to take hers, and cried just a little, BUT all in all she is doing really really well. In fact, I think it is better without them! She's talking more and actually sleeping more soundly I think. Yay for no more binkies!!!
3 comments:
Darn it!! I should have thought of that when Daniel had ulcers in his mouth from some sort of virus about a month ago!!!! Now it's too close to traveling to Kentucky and then Daddy coming back in a little over a month for me to want to mess with it now. I also just kicked him out of my bed so that by the time Peter gets back he's hopefully okay in his own. So...I'll have to do it some other time I guess. That was one smart move! :)
Genious! We've pretty much limited their use to night time but I've caught her going back up to her room and putting it in her mouth during the day too. There was a time a few months ago that she stopped using it on her own and I didn't take them away and now she inists on having them at night. I think I missed my window of opportunity. I'm sorry Callen was hurting, I feel really bad for the poor girl, but you are right, at least there is some good!
That's awesome! I'm so sorry she had those sores though. I bet it was so painful! I'm glad she's feeling better, and yay for your sneakiness! :)
Post a Comment