Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home!!

I am FINALLY getting pictures posted of our House. We are definitely not done with everything but we're slowly getting there!! It is starting to feel like home and I absolutely LOVE it!! We have so much space and it is awesome to get to change things how we like them. We bought this house as a foreclosure which was actually in really good shape overall, it just needed a LOT of TLC.

The previous owners took all of the appliances and all of the light fixtures and the blinds...really random and annoying but I enjoyed getting to choose my own fixtures to put in. We got a VA loan and they wouldn't approve us until there were lights so we had to hire someone to put in some super cheap lights to get the loan and then we replaced them all when we got here.

The house was also a complete mess, they obviously had a dog and there was hair and yellow spots everywhere in the house, melted wax on the floors and scuffed walls everywhere. SO..when we moved in we started with cleaning carpets and then tackled painting. Dan's mom came out to help with the painting and she was a LIFESAVER!! We couldn't have done it all without her and it turned out great! Dan did alot the first few days and then he had to go back to work SO..I am proud to say thad I have now learned how to install a ceiling fan/light, and I changed all the locks! It was kinda fun actually to flip the switch and have it actually work!! haha

Anyway, here are the pictures that I have so far!


OUR HOME!!
we need some landscaping help but i'm thinking that might have to wait till spring.

I love the deck on the back!


Entrance

Stairway

Office before

Office After

Loft before (this is actually upstairs I just forgot it and can't figure out how to move it)

Loft after (the stairway and loft are the only places left to paint)
Dining Room Before

Dining Room After


Kitchen Before


Kitchen After

The oven we chose if one of my favorite parts of the kitchen, LOVE the double oven!

Eat In Kitchen

Living Room Before
Living Room After




hallway

Downstairs Half Bath

half bath after we replaced the mirror they took

Laundry Room
Garage
Guest Bath upstairs before
After..it's my ducky bathroom!

Callen's Room Before


After
we actually decided to leave it purple, it was easier!

Future Nursery Before

After
Ok, so technically all we did was add the ceiling fan, i'm waiting until Nov/Dec when we find out the sex of the baby to decide what to do with this room ;-)

Guest Room Before..I know..really really RED!

After...the red HAD to GO!
This room is ready for anyone who wants to come visit me!!! "hint, hint"
Master Bedroom Before
After
I love the green color we chose, very peaceful!




Master Bath before



After
Ugh..this room I honestly have no idea what to do, we added towel racks because there weren't any..but it still needs some serious help...any ideas are welcome!
Master Closet..I thought this was 10x more space than we needed, it's about as big as our bedroom was at BYU


But somehow we're managing to fill it up with all our extra storage "stuff"

So there it is!! We still are in the process of hanging things on the walls in various rooms but it's feeling more and more like home everyday!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Your house looks amazing! How fun that you can decorate-- you did a great job! I love the colors you chose and the way your organized everything. And I would KILL for a closet like that! :)

Laurel said...

p.s. I'm also jealous of your double oven. lol

Julianne said...

Holy cow! I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations!

Awesome job on the house too. How fun!

Marie said...

Your house is beautiful! Congratulations on your first home!!!! :)

Amy said...

I love seeing everyone's homes. And I especially love before/after pics.

And did I miss something? Or is this your way of announcing you're pregnant!?!! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Your house looks GORGEOUS! How exciting for you guys!

The Udall's said...

Sure I'll come visit! If I knew where you lived!! Where is this amazing house? and...a re you pregnant? Or just setting up the room for the inevitable future?> because I sure didn't set up that much until the month before and I KNEW I was pregnant.