Last night Dan and I lined up a friend to babysit Callen for us while we went out to a movie. With Callen being sick and having such bad stranger anxiety, this is the first time someone other than Grandma has ever watched her while we went on a date. I've realized it's hard to enjoy your time out even when you have it. The whole movie I was worrying, not for Callen but for the poor babysitter, I was hoping that she would still be sane when we got home. We went to see Dark Knight (great movie, by the way!), halfway through the movie we got a frantic call from the sitter saying she'd tried the walk, the bottle, a bath, the binky.... nothing was working, Callen had been screaming for 1 1/2 hrs. Dan told her to try the bottle one more time and then call if it didn't work. She didn't call back but of course I still worried the rest of the movie. When we got home she said she had finally exhausted herself from crying and fell asleep.
It was really good to get out just the two of us though. It's so nice to just spend time with your spouse with no kids around, I wish i'd realized how precious that time was while we were still childless!
Anyway, Callen survived, and Dan and I had a really nice date. The babysitter however told us that she is re-thinking having children.....guess we'll have to find someone else to torture next time! :)
Grade 2, Year 2016-17
9 years ago
4 comments:
Oh good, I am glad you found a babysitter and went out on a date. Just keep doing it, Callen will get used to it. You guys need your time together. I wish I could help out. Actually, just come here and we can watch her and you can go to a fun restaurant!
Trevor and I need to be better about going on dates. I miss it! Glad you had a good time. :)
We would love to watch Callen! I think she would have a great time with Lauren!
Glad you got a date! We haven't had one in MONTHS and I don't think I can leave Daniel now. It's funny, I totally know it won't kill him to be without us, or the sitter, but I would worry the whole time and it woulnd't be pleasant. Plus, we only know our neighbor and Crista and there's no way I would dump all three of my kids on either of them! So, for my birthday next week if I'm lucky we'll go out to dinner as a family. I sure miss the Allen's though for date nights - we traded kids and she and Jessica were the only people (still are) who had/have ever watched Daniel. He knew them really well so it was fine. Anyway, good luck on the next date - you'll have to let us know if the sitter accepts ;)
Post a Comment