Sunday, August 3, 2008

What the cat drug in

So, this is our cat Cosmo. He has become quite the hunter. A month or so ago, he brought a ground squirrel into our house and the very next day he brought a bird in! The squirrel got loose and we had to move all our furniture to catch him, the bird got loose in the bathroom and pooped all over our tub! What excitement!

Then, this last week, Cosmo was at it again, he brought in 2 baby ground squirrels, I rescued both of them, I hope they made it.


The day after the ground squirrels this is what I see on my wall as I was eating breakfast. I thought maybe it had just found its way in but as I looked closer I could see the little puncture hole from Cosmo's tooth. ahh, the joys of having a cat!
Today, however, Cosmo came in from a night of hunting and I think he wasn't quite so lucky. He is limping and won't let us touch him. I think something fought back and he seems like he's in quite a bit of pain, hope he's ok!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Cosmo totally looks like a little hunter in that picture. And proud of his accomplishments, too. :)

Nicia said...

...I'm going to refrain and not say anything mean (I'm not a huge fan of cats...been clawed too many times, and way allergic to them) but I do understand the love of a pet, so for your sake I hope he's okay! That's sooo crazy he has brought so many things in! Lexi brought in a dead bird once, and I just about died! Oh it was sooo gross! Thank goodness Joe was home to dispose of it!

Amy said...

I would totally freak out if any of those things were in my house.

Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinkin' of it.

Marie said...

Hmmm...don't know what happened - my subscription to your blog isn't working so I'm catching up. I may be in the minority (don't get me wrong, I LOVE cats - we have one) but I sure hope those adorable little animals are all okay!! They are so cute! Your cat is quite the hunter though! I also hope he's okay - did you figure out what was wrong?