I have been noticing lately that my child always seems dirty! She gets her food EVERYWHERE when she eats, I don't know how but it covers her clothes that are not protected by her bib, its in her hair in her ears, smeared all over her face. There are always remnants somewhere that I don't catch when i wipe her off, and wherever she dropped food or wiped food on her clothes. Then she crawls around, now I try to keep my floors clean but whatever is on the floor she finds it! She also crawls outside which just finishes her off. So the reason I have really been noticing is that other babies always seem clean! If I was to keep her clean I would seriously be changing her clothes just about every hour she is awake. How do you other parents do it? I'm not really complaining because she gets a bath everynight and I get to see my little angel all clean but it is a little embarassing when people come over and she's all messy or when we go out and the first thing she eats she uses as an accessory, people probably think I can't take care of my child. Any tips?
7 comments:
You know...I think it's really good that you are letting her eat by herself, because she's learning some good skills. But I don't know...Alyssa is the same way. She will get food in her hair all the time, and I usually just stick her in the bath really quick. Yes, that makes it 2 baths in one day, and then I just put a new outfit on her then...and with the crawling thing, and getting all the little things she shouldnt...that's totally a stage. Alyssa is still crawling around the majority of the time, but she has gotten over that stage. If you are really that embarrassed about it...put her in darker clothes that don't show the dirt so much, and just keep wipes close by to clean her hands and face off. But I say, don't worry about it! :)
Honestly, some people DO change their kids that many times in a day. To me, it's not worth it. If I know I'm going somewhere during the day, I will put my kids in "play clothes" (already stained, ugly, etc) and then change them into something nice right before we leave the house. If you're not going anywhere though, I would say just don't worry about it. Kids are way too messy!
What I do is I allow Soren one change of clothes a day - really for my own sanity. If he messes up the second outfit- too bad!!
Okay this is disgusting, but I blame it on TX - I used to put food stained clothes in his laundry bin to do with my weekly loads, until one week I found MOLD on his onesie!!!! So now I always have a dirty clothes/bibs load for in between washes. So sick, I know.
haha! It only gets worse, at least for me. I don't mind although I always try and to a through wipe down after every meal. Good luck!
Love your background!
its just a kid thing, I found that letting my kids eat just in their diapers worked and I still stick a towel under phoebe when she eats so I can pick it up and wash it, also a shower curtain works for the floor you can just wipe it up works great. as for the hair phoebe will be three next month and she still has that problem from time to time.
You know, some kids are just messier than others. If I had had Sarah first, I don't know that I would have had a 2nd child as soon as I had her after Emma. She is SO MESSY!!! Emma on the other-hand is so neat and clean. I can give Sarah Emma's hand-me-downs and they look NEW, or just a little worn. Sarah's clothes can't usually even be donated becuase she DESTROYS them. Daniel seems to be taking after Sarah. I guess even though bibs usually hide cute outfits, that's what I have to do with my messy kids is leave them in them all day. It saves a lot of clothes, and bibs are far less expensive than replacing a "lost" outfit. As for people seeing her messy - that's just how most kids are. I would hope that your visitors understand even if you are a little embarrassed. I'm sure they assume you bath her at least sometime ;)
Post a Comment