On Saturday we decided to take a road trip and travel north about 90 miles to the Caverns of Sonora. We went with the Viccellio Family from church, it was SO much fun!! We decided to take this trip last week when we ran into them at Bracketville. I am really glad we did, I had been wanting to go to the caverns for a long time. I had no idea they were so awesome! The Caverns of Sonora are rated 4th in the U.S. for beauty and 10th in the world! The pictures really don't do it justice, but it really was beautiful.
We packed a picnic lunch and ate there at the caverns before our tour started.
We took a guided tour of the cave. The tour lasts 1 hr. 45 min., and you hike aproximately 2 miles and travel down a distance of 15 floors. The temperature of the cave is 71 degrees but it has 98% humidity so it feels like it is 85 degrees. The humidity is so high that the railings are constantly dripping with water and the path gets really slick. I wish Callen could have walked because I sure got a work out carrying her, but it was so much fun!
Our guide was really good to take pictures for us.
2 comments:
That last picture of Callen is super cute! That looks a lot like Timpanogos Caves in UT! It's SO SO cool!!
Those caves look amazing! And I know what you mean about carrying a kid in the humidity! :)
Post a Comment