first off, we have had this guest room/office for quite awhile and it has been a big mess. There were bunk beds in there which worked great when my brothers visited but not so great for parents or married family. SO, i rearranged and was able to make it look somewhat decent. I took the two twin mattresses and put them on a bigger bedframe and put one of the desks in the closet which opened up a lot of space and now we have a king sized bed with plenty of room! (at least the cat likes it!)
Second, Dan's parents were really generous and gave us a whole bedroom set. It is in Callens room and is a really sturdy nice set, however the drawer runners were all busted so everytime I would open a drawer it would fall out on my toes..I figured this wouldn't be too safe now that Callen is getting more and more mobile, so I fixed them. They initially were on a rail system which we couldnt' find anywhere so we had to add wood and use different runners, now they work great and they look brand new!
After (below)
Chest before (above)
After (below)
Third, My dad had made this wooden box for us about 3 1/2 yrs ago, I FINALLY got around to putting some varnish finish on it. Now it looks great and is protected from the weather!
And Lastly, while my parents were here my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas and if she could get it while she was here. I told her I wanted a sewing machine. She bought me one and here is my first project. I've been wanting red curtains in my kitchen for awhile but can't find any that fit the window, so I made some! (ok, my mom helped but I did some of it!!)
I was especiallye excited about the neat stiches the machine does, they turned out really neat!
I think i've been watching too much HGTV, I wish I was better at decorating and all the homes on there make me jelous! someday.....someday :)
4 comments:
Crystal, the house looks awesome. TO bad I can't see it in person. But you guys did good. Great motivation-I would never of gotten around to it unless I knew I was going to live there forever! lol!
Great job on all your projects! I don't even want to think about how behind I am. Those curtains look awesome! We are total hgtv junkies. (yes, Trevor included. :)
Way to accomplish some big projects! What kind of sewing machine did you purchase? (Did you just get it at Wal-mart?) I would love to get a new one with stitches like yours. I love the stitches--how cute!
Can you make me some curtains now, seeing as your are gorgeous?!!
Post a Comment