Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Parent Visit

So this past week my parents have been visiting from Iowa, it has been really great to have them here! My mom had a nursing class in San Antonio so we spend alot of our time there. Callen and I got to hang out with my dad while my mom was in her class and then we did fun things at night all together. The first day in SA I FINALLY got my cell phone fixed too so that has been super nice! Neither of my parents had been to the Alamo so I took them there one of the nights. It was fun to walk around and see everything and let Callen explore.




My parents with Callen in front of the Alamo.


Callen just Loved having her Grandma and Grandpa's attention!




After the Alamo my dad was getting pretty tired since I had dragged him all over the Mall throughout the day, so he found a bench and my mom and I walked down the River Walk. She was facinated by all the architecture and the boats. We wanted to take a boat tour but it was getting late and Callen was getting pretty fussy.





On Friday Night Dan caught a ride up to San Antonio and he met up with us and we all went out to Red Robin (my favorite place!). My parents had never been there either, they really miss out on some good stuff living in the middle of nowhere!


Saturday after my mom was though with her classes we decided to tour some more of downtown. We went to the Guinness world records museum. It was actually really fun! There are alot of interesting records that have been made... and some gross ones too, did you know there is some guy who has been collecting his belly button lint for like 20 years! Yuck!



This largest man may not be that tall but he weighed over 1400 lbs!



The Tallest Man was 8ft 11.1 inches!


The Shortest Woman was from the Netherlands and was only 2ft. tall! Yay, i'm not the shortest woman!



I don't know if you can read this, but it is really really gross!


Callen Loved Crawling and walking around checking everything out!




Again, the largest man.



After the World Records museum we went through a haunted house...probably not a good idea with an 11 month old, but the tickets were included with the records museum. Callen did suprisingly good through the haunted house, she only cried once but she looked pretty bewildered the whole time. After the haunted house we went on this 3D ride where we had to try and shoot little lights to score points. Dan and I tied except I was shooting left handed so I think I won!

I know my head got cut off in the pic :) Poor Callen, she looks SO tired in this picture. She passed out in the car as soon as we put her in her car seat to head home. She is such a good sport about going places!




My parents enjoyed going on our traditional nightly walk with Callen before bath and bedtime!



It was so nice to have my parents here and Callen is so spoiled by her Grandparents! One of the best parts of the visit was Dan and I actually got a date night! We left Callen home with Grandma and Grandpa and since she had gotten to know them things went great! She didn't cry at all! That is Unbelieveable! Anyway, Dan and I saw a movie, it was nice to get out! Thanks for the great visit Mom and Dad, we miss you already!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure it was nice to have your parents around, BUT its not so bad living in the middle of nowhere! you've forgoten your roots!

Hipple Family said...

oh.........it sounds like you had so much fun! I love it when mom and dad come :)

Laurel said...

lol about the smallest woman thing! :) It sounds like you guys had so much fun! I love it when we get to spend time with family.